Toilet is an essential product in our life and we need to make sure that the toilet is properly clean.
Sometimes hard water, mineral deposits or limescale can leave stains or rust that are not light and extremely difficult to clean it. In this article we are going to discuss in detail about how to clean the stained toilet bowl.
Now a days you can get lots of commercial products that can help you to get rid of the stain of the toilet bowl.
These products contain various chemicals that can be harmful for your toilet as well as your health. There are some homely remedies and these are harmless than the commercial products.
Baking Soda With Vinegar
The first remedy is baking soda and vinegar which is always available in everyone’s home. This process is very effective on the stains of toilet bowls such as limescales or mineral deposits. it is a 4-step process. Thesteps are
First, you have to pour a cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl and then scrub it into the whole bowl especially on the stains so that it can directly affect the stains. Then leave the toilet bowl with the vinegar for 1 minute so that it can react with the stain for a long time and clean it.
Then you have to add 1 cup of baking soda with 1- 2 cup of vinegar that will create a fizzy reaction. After 1 min pour it into the toilet bowl and leave the mixture into it for 10 minutes for a better result.
After 10 minutes, scrub the mixture with a toilet brush all over the toilet and scrub the stains for long time so that it can react with the stain. In this process, you cannot flush the water. Again, leave it for 30 minutes.
Swish the toilet bowl 1 – 2 times till you can see the stain on your toilet bowls. If the stain it very difficult to remove you can use stiff-bristle nylon to clean it. After finish the process, you can flush the toilet and clean the stain.
Borax And Vinegar
If you do not have baking soda you can use borax as an alternative. Borax is a multipurpose cleaner and it can clean the hard stains from the toilet bowls.
If you follow the process step by step you can clean the stains very easily. It is a 3-step process. The steps are:
At first, take 1⁄4 cup of Borax and pour it into the toilet and scrub the bowl and spread the borax especially on the stain.
Then take 1 cup of vinegar and pour it into the bowl. Do not flush in this process. After pouring the vinegar you have to leave the mixtures for 20- 25 minutes to set it on the stain and so that it can react for a long time with the stain.
After 20- 25 minutes, scrub the bowl with a toilet brush especially on the stains. Scrub the stains until the stain is gone. Then you can flush the toilet to risen.
Borax paste is another remedy that can help you to get rid of the stain on the toilet bowl. It is very effective when the stain is extremely difficult to remove. To get a better result you have to follow some steps. The steps are:
- Stop the water to the toilet at the installation shutoff valve, at that point flush the toilet to deplete the bowl. It is important because if you will not stop water, the hard water stain will be covered.
- Take ½ cup of borax and mix 1- 2 cup of vinegar. You can adjust the quantity of the vinegar to make the paste thick.
- Apply it on the stains. Spread the borax paste so that it can cover the stain by it. You have to apply the paste immediately after making the paste otherwise it will be hard within a few minutes. So, make the mixture when you prepared to put it on the stain.
- Let the paste set on the stain and for that you have to leave it for 15 minutes, maximum 20 minutes.
- After 15- 20 minutes, scrub with a stiff-bristled nylon brush the paste on the stain so that it reacts with the stain and clean it.
- At last, flash the toilet.
Scrub With Sandpaper
Sandpapers or 0000-grade steel wool is another option for the hard water stain. You can scrub the toilet with the sandpaper. You can use it with water but it is effective if you can use it with household cleaners. It helps to get rid of the stains.
You do not need to use any chemicals to clean your toilets. Clean the toilet regularly with the baking soda, vinegar or borax and there will be no stain on the toilet.