To enjoy the more pleasant and versatile shower, a handheld showerhead is really favourable. It can transform your shower into a spa.
In addition, if you want to get water on certain points of your body, it is easily possible. Even, a handheld showerhead can provide hot water on your achy joint if needed, it also helps to bathe while you seated.
Some models adjust very easily to your existing shower arm where the short bent pipe comes out of the wall that connects to the showerhead.
Therefore, a handheld showerhead can be placed onto a tub spout that bears a particular diverter fitting.
There Are Different Kinds Of Adapter Kit Attainable
- An ideal fitting associates the existing shower arm and replaces your old showerhead with a handheld shower unit and a flexible hose serving both like a handheld shower or a stationary head.
- The cross-tee diverter fitting acts with the subsisting showerhead that contains a hose and handheld showerhead unit as a minor shower head. The T-fitting diverter includes 2 outlets-the first one is for connecting the new handheld showerhead and hose and the second one is for connecting the main showerhead.
- The tub spout diverter valve is normally used while you desire to add a shower action where there is no existing showerhead. Calls for replacing the used tub spout with a new one which includes a hand shower diverter.
There are arrangements steps absolutely required if you want to replace an ideal showerhead with a handheld showerhead.
Before all, remove the showerhead that is old just using an adjustable wrench or channel-type pliers. Revoke the showerhead nut to loosen it counter-clockwise. If you will use your showerhead in the other place, then maintain its finish by wrapping it with leather or heavy cloth before the use of pliers or wrench.
Afterwards, to eliminate mineral deposits or plumber’s pipe-seal tape, tidy up the threads on the shower arm. With the plumber’s tape, you should wrap the threads clockwise four or five times. The tape assists to obstruct the new shower fitting against leakage to the connection.
- Hex key
- Adjustable wrench or channel-lock pliers
- Bits and drill
- Handheld shower head kit
- Plumber’s pipe seal tape
- Leather or heavy cloth
- Tub spout with diverter
Handheld showerhead adding procedure using an ideal fitting: In this action, a handheld showerhead combines with the existing shower arm, with a gentle hose and handheld shower unit replace the used shower head.
1. Fix the showerhead base: When you finish the old shower head removing function, wrap a few loops of plumber’s pipe seal tape in the region of the threads on your shower arm.
Need to screw your handheld showerhead base onto the shower arm at the same time tighten it by hand.
2. Fix the hose: Now, wrap a few loops of plumber’s pipe seal tape in the region of the cross-tee nipple on your shower head base and then thread the gentle shower hose onto the nipple and tighten it with your hand.
Switch on the water line at the faucet and test the leakage. If it seems the connection point is a leak, carefully tighten it with an adjustable wrench or channel-lock pliers as well as to preserve a better finish, use the leather or heavy cloth.
3. Hold up wall bracket: Following the manufacturer’s instructions, mount the wall bracket. To insert expandable anchors only necessary drilling holes in the wall.
Handheld Showerhead Adding Process Using A Cross-tee Diverter Fitting
This procedure attaches the handheld showerhead along with release the existing shower head in the proper place.
It includes unstably eliminating the existing showerhead and then placing a diverter tee-fitting which involves two outlets-one types for the new hose and handheld showerhead connection and the other type for the major shower head adjustment.
1. Set the cross-tee fitting: After completing your existing showerhead alleviating activity, clean the threads on your shower arm.
Wrap the varied loops of plumber’s pipe seal tape in the region of the threaded last of the shower arm, after that time threads your cross-tee fitting onto the shower arm and tighten with your hand.
2. Rejoin the showerhead: After wrapping the plumber’s pipe-seal tape in the region of the threads on the cross fitting, just screw the main showerhead onto one outlet of your cross-tee diverter and tighten with your hand.
3. Adjust the pliable hose: Consolidate the gentle hose of the handheld showerhead onto the other outlet on your cross-tee diverter, and then tighten it by the hand.
Switch on the water at the faucet to check the leakage. If you notice the leakage, cautiously tighten using an adjustable wrench or channel-lock pliers together to maintain the finishing use a leather or heavy cloth.
Handheld Showerhead Adding Method Using A Tub Spout Diverter Valve
If you have no existent shower head, you can apply a tub spout diverter valve to adjust a handheld showerhead. Generally, it needed to transfer the old tub spout with a new one that contains a diverter fitting.
1. Take aside the tub spout: At first, remove your old tub spout.
- For the hex-head setscrew on our spout that is a slip-on type. With the hex key or Allen wrench just loosen the setscrew and then slide your spout off the pipe nipple advent of the wall.
- A threaded type spout doesn’t contain a setscrew so, counterclockwise unscrew your spout by the channel-lock pliers.
2. Place the new spout: Buy the fully new diverter tub spout which pursues a similar adjustment method to the old one.
- For a threaded spout, wrap your pipe nipple threads using plumber’s pipe-seal tape clockwise, and then screw it.
- For a slip-on spout, slide it over the stub-out pipe, and then using a hex key tighten the setscrew.
3. Set the slide bar: Following the manufacturer’s instructions, set the slide bar for the handheld showerhead to your wall.
4. Adjoin the pliable hose: Now, adjoin the pliable hose to the nipple on your spout’s diver valve. To assure the compact seal, you can use a plumber’s pipe-seal tape.
Turn on your water line to check the showerhead unit for leakage. If you realize that showerhead, diverter or hose are leakages then carefully tighten the connection with a wrench or channel lock pliers and to protect the finish, use a heavy cloth or leather.
Last Updated on January 1, 2022