If you want to make your bathroom stylish and unique appearance is not a difficult task. You can create a smart look through the renovations and remodels which involves bathtub painting.
This is a fully inexpensive and easy process to update your bathroom using bathtub paint.
By following our discussion you will be surely able to renew your old tub just by putting on a clean and fresh coat.
If your bathtub is an old-fashioned colour that doesn’t match your style or scratched for a long time of usage, this is so costly to replace it. In this situation you have a great option, painting your bathtub in a prominent way.
Paint Your Bathtub
You can attain a high-gloss finish using top-graded paint for your tiles and tubs, refreshing porcelain or ceramic tub’s colour. It needs to choose an ideal interior paint option that ensures long-lasting durability.
Though the painting function is a bit tricky, with the following methods you will achieve a porcelain-like finish that for 3 to 5 years, only you require proper care and patience.
- Materials and tools
- Abrasive cleanser
- Tub repair product
- Caulk removal tool
- Tub epoxy refinishing kit
- 600-grit dry or wet sandpaper
- Paint rollers
- Paint stirrers
- Caulking gun
- 400-grit dry or wet sandpaper
- Paint buck with cover
- Painter’s tape
- Bathroom caulk
Bathtub Painting Process
1. Eliminate old caulk and hardware of the tub: Begin your work by eliminating the previous caulk (a spackling knife plays a vital role to remove this instead of a particular caulk removal tool). Using the exact tools and ways then diligently eliminate the drain hardware as well as any types of fixtures.
2. Maintain the bathroom ventilation system and clean your tub properly with bleach, acetone and scrub cleaners: Before starting to clean up soap scum, grime and mildew, you should operate the bathroom extractor fan and open the windows.
Wash your bathtub with bleach in a water solution. Then, rinse rightly and wipe down with acetone over the whole surface to alleviate any cleanser residue or remaining grease.
3. Repair the shortcoming of the tub: In this process, you need to fill chips or holes or scratches with tub repair product or epoxy putty as well as represent a new surface. Then dry perfectly and using dry/wet sandpaper just sands the total areas of the bathtub.
Firstly use 400-grit sandpaper and after that use 600-grit sandpaper so that your paint keep at easily.
Thoroughly rinse your tub with the water and wipe it with clean rags or towels to dry. Before painting the tub requires to get rid of any moisture so accommodate the tub to air dry completely.
4. Cover up surrounding tile and any other fixtures: While preparing for the paint, you should protect the tile and any fixtures around your bathtub using painter’s tape.
5. If you have two-part epoxy, blend it in this stage: You should keep your bathroom well-ventilated. Then prepare the paint in the tub refinishing kit subject to the directions of the manufacturer. Prior to applying you will just require combining as several kits use two-part epoxy paint.
In this case, pour the epoxy paint into the bucket to blend well (for a minimum of 2 minutes). The mixing stage is very important, so don’t act rapidly. Afterwards, shift ½ of the mixture into the other reservoir for the next coat and tightly cover it to avoid drying.
6. Paint your tub in two flimsy coats: If you have the knowledge to paint other areas as drywall or tile, it seems you hold the concept about how to paint a bathtub. Begin at the upper in the first corner and apply the method across and down to another side. Using the brush or roller, coat this paint only in a thin but be conscious smooth out the drips.
Epoxy paint comprises a self-levelling property for this reason you may take a look at some brush marks or bubbles but doesn’t be worried about these.
Commit the primary coat to dry in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions. As well as apply the other coat in the similar instruction you finished the first.
7. Prior to running water for a recently painted tub just wait Minimum 3 days: Epoxy needs come times to completely cure. So pay the attention to manufacturer’s directions for the actual drying time.
You should not use your bathtub until the paint has properly cured. And if you feel dry to the touch that might be as rapid as an hour. After cured, take aside the tape, you can re-caulk the tub at the same time replace the drain hardware and any fixtures.
When you want to change the ambience in your bathroom or to brighten up the previous bathtub, painting the tub is a pretty way to create a unique look for your overall bathroom.
Bathtub painting isn’t always quite a simple activity, however, following our aforementioned procedures you can easily accomplish your tub painting function in a nice way.