Sometimes your toilet siphon may get damaged and you may need to repair it. Going through this article will help you to repair the toilet siphon easily.
Toilet siphon valve or flapper valve facilitates the filling of the tank with water and flushing. There can be a 1-piece or 2-piece component which contains a pull handle, pipe and diaphragm or plastic-made flap valve.
The pull handle sends the water towards the toilet bowl by lifting the plastic flap. If the siphon diaphragm breaks or cracks the toilet may lose the flushing power or might stop flushing completely.
For repairing the toilet siphon your own you have to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to turn the water supply off to the toilet and flush the toilet. Now, remove the lid then drain the remaining water (if any) using a bucket.
- Take an adjustable wrench and tale away from the water supply connection to the tank also to the shut-off valve of the toilet.
- A plastic nut locks the drain-off to the tank. Now you have to take out the plastic nut from the underside of the water tank.
- Take the siphon out of the tank and keep it by turning upside down by unhooking the toilet handle’s hook.
- Unclip the plastic diaphragm from the siphon unit and remove it.
- Replace the old plastic diaphragm with a new one by inserting it into the underside of the siphon
- Install the new siphon unit into the tank of the toilet and screw the siphon plastic nut
Tighten the water line connector by using a wrench. Seal the connector water tightly so that it doesn’t leak any water from the connections.
If you follow our instruction step by step you will be able to repair your toilet siphon without any trouble.