There are reasons or symptoms for which you should get a dehumidifier at your home and today we are going to discuss those factors.
Dehumidifiers remove excess humidity and moisture from the air and provide you with healthy and fresh internal air.
There are some specific signs or scenarios from which will make you feel the necessity of a dehumidifier in your house.
Sometimes using a large humidifier, continuous rain for several days and some other issues can make the air excessive moist which can cause the growth of moulds, mildew,musty smell, etc., and to remove those a dehumidifier is a must.
Compression of Patio Door and Window
The water edging on the window, compression on the glass, vapour on the interior glass are some of the common signs of moisture in the house.
The moisture and wetness can cause the growth of moulds which will look like dark or black filth on the patio door or window. These things will happen when your humidifier will place outs of ample humidity.
So, you need to turn it off immediately to decrease the amount of moisture. On the other hand, the weather can also cause excess moisture at your house for example heavy rain for several days can cause high humidity. You need to rotate the dehumidifier around all the affected areas of your home.
Occurrence of Moulds Spots
The bathrooms which don’t have effective fans for diverting the humidity and steam can cause the occurrence of moulds on the walls. Moulds can grow on the ceiling, wall, around or under the toilet, shower surround or behind the bath.
A dehumidifier can reduce the moisture damage of these areas and can prevent the damage to a great extent. However, you should go to the root of the problem so that the humidity doesn’t come back.
You may also need to paint or repair the walls to get rid of the humidity problems for a longer period.Your garage, storage areas closets or basements also have a high risk of getting humid so you should take care of these areas as well. Moulds can also grow on faulty windows and in that case you should replace the window frame.
Odour or Musty Smell
If there is a musty smell or odour in the crawl spaces, basements, garage and entrance you can conclude that there is a presence of mildew and moulds.
Moisture can occur due to faulty door or window seal, construction seal issues, inadequate leaking tile installation, etc. Musty smell or odour is quite harmful to everyone and a dehumidifier can help us in removing odour by removing the moisture. However, you should find out the actual problem and solve them to get a permanent remedy.
A musty smell in the air or smelly bedding or towels can be the symptoms of a high-efficiency (HE) problem or front-load washer in the laundry room.
Though front-loading washers are more efficient than the top-loading traditional washer it may cause mould issues. Sometimes the manufactures of good-quality and branded front-loading washers provide advances regarding the prevention of mould in the front-loading washers.
But, moulds can still happen irrespective of brands as moulds issue is not dependable on a particular brand. For avoiding mould issues you need to have a basic idea of the front-loader and top-loader washers also about the precautions you should take.
An interior dryer fluff filter or a plugged vent can also cause moist or humid air. For removing the humid and moist to lessen the damage in your house a dehumidifier is very much important.
Recurrent Spring Runny Water Dampness
If you are facing a recurring problem due to spring runny water or your home has greyish or white water level signs in the basement, a dehumidifier is a must for you for removing the excess moisture from your house.
Also, you need to investigate the reason for the water prone basement.
The reasons can be dispersed and unsealed concrete, inadequate weeping tiles, etc. Another reason can be your house is over a low plain or river bed.
Inspection of Watermarks and Moulds While Shifting Home
If you are buying a new home or shifting to a new one you should always inspect whether there is any sign of moisture problem in the house.
Some problems require small and effortless corrective actions to solve whether some can be quite harmful and problematic to you and your family members’ health. Moreover, it can be annoying and costly to use the dehumidifier all the time.
Moulds and mildew in the corners of the ceilings and walls of the rooms, bathrooms can be the sign of excessive moisture in the house. Also, in the basement, there can be water level marks from which you can assume that there is the presence of moisture and humidity in your house.
You should also look inside the wall closets, behind the baseboard furniture, below and around the window to find out whether there are watermarks or moulds. Besides, you have to concentrate if there is any musty smell or odour in the house. Sometimes people paint their house before selling to give a fresh and new coat to conceal the potential problems.
It is harder to detect the problems when there is a fresh pain coat but you can get an idea of the moisture issue by checking inside the closets, basement and foundation.
If you notice any water problem, mould, odour or musty smell make sure you ask the house owner the reasons and also should learn if these problems are remedial or not. You can also call for an expert who can confirm if there is a moisture problem in the house also can give you an estimate of the cost of the remedy.
A dehumidifier is important if you are living in a house with excessive moisture and humidity otherwise you may face health issues also damage in your home.
Moreover, you should find out the root of the problem and inspect it properly before getting a house to get a permanent solution.